Anxiety can be a life hindering condition that comes with a long-term stress and a decline in health. If left untreated, it can result in several chronic diseases.
Stress and Anxiety are some of the most common problems faced by people living a modern lifestyle. Recent studies have shown that these lifestyle diseases can easily be cured using Herbs, Meditation, and lifestyle changes.
Causes of anxiety can be many, listed are few important ones
- traumatic experiences in life
- Nonfunctional serotonin
- excessive intake of alcohol or caffeine
- hormonal imbalance
Symptoms of Anxiety
Some of the Common symptoms associated with Anxiety are as below:
- Tensed Muscles
- Tightness in chest
- heart palpitations
- An increase of blood pressure
- digestive issues
- panic attacks
- difficulty in concentrating
- excessive sweating
Given below are 10 Herbs that You can use to Treat Anxiety at Home:
- Ashwagandha: It is an adaptogen herb that is commonly used as a natural remedy for anxiety because it helps to stabilize the body’s response to stress.
- Kava Root: Research shows that kava root can be used to treat anxiety because it’s a nonaddictive and non-hypnotic anxiolytic.
- 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan): This compound can help to treat a myriad of issues associated with anxiety, including sleeplessness, mood changes, and headaches.
- GABA (Gamma aminobutyric acid): GABA is an amino acid that helps in decreasing anxiety of the nervous system, and it also acts as a muscles relaxant. It’s used for several other conditions, in addition to relieving anxiety, including reducing PMS symptoms, helping in a sound sleep, controlling blood pressure, treating ADHD symptoms etc.
- Magnesium: It is a very vital element and plays several important roles in the body, and magnesium deficiency can be one of the major deficiencies in adults. So if you’re getting anxiety attacks, you may want to try taking a magnesium supplement.
- Vitamin B Complex: These Vitamins help to fight stress and soothe your mood. Vitamin B6 serves as a natural cure for anxiety because it works to enhance mood, balance blood sugar levels and promotes a healthy nervous system.
- Lavender Oil: Lavender oil has a potential to reduce anxiety and relax the body. Lavender is known to relieve irritability and anxiety, promote a sense of relaxation and stimulate the brain to help you sleep peacefully.
- Chamomile: This wonderful herb has been used for ages because of its relaxing and stress alleviating properties. It has mild sedative property and can help people having trouble with sleeping.
- Garlic: Garlic is a rich source of antioxidants and a well-known stress buster. Apart from helping in reducing stress, garlic is also useful in lowering cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Ginko Biloba: Ginko Biloba is a very useful herb with many health benefits. It is used as a brain tonic; helps improve brain function, so indirectly helps the body in dealing with anxiety and stress.
Plus, there are many lifestyle changes that can help to ease out anxiety.